Last week, Sevilla attacker Luis Alberto admitted he would be 'deluded to say no to a club like Liverpool', and reports today suggest that the deal to bring him to Anfield is complete.
When asked about Liverpool's interest last Sunday Alberto told reporters:
"It would be foolish and deluded for me to say no to a club like Liverpool, but as far as I know, there's nothing"
Last night, Alberto's Agent, Enrique Rosada, confirmed transfer talks between LFC and Sevilla were taking place. He tweeted:
"Liverpool's interest [in Luis Alberto] is a reality today but no firm offer [yet] in the offices of Sevilla FC".
It appears, however, that the two clubs have hammered out a deal, and according to The Mirror today:
"Liverpool reached an agreement with Sevilla to buy 20-year-old Alberto at the weekend, with the fee again thought to be around the £6m mark, and he will sign a four-year contract later this week".
Reports in Spain today corroborate these claims, with Spanish newspaper Estadio Deportivo reporting that Liverpool will pay £6.8m (€8m) up front, plus £1.7m (€2m) in performance-related add-ons.
Guillem Balague recently described 20-year old Alberto - who grabbed 11 goals and 17 assists for Barcelona B last season - as "a midfielder in the Xavi/Iniesta mould".
Sounds good to me. Welcome to Anfield!
Jaimie Kanwar
NOTE: Please stick to the Comment Policy (Click to read)
When asked about Liverpool's interest last Sunday Alberto told reporters:
"It would be foolish and deluded for me to say no to a club like Liverpool, but as far as I know, there's nothing"
Last night, Alberto's Agent, Enrique Rosada, confirmed transfer talks between LFC and Sevilla were taking place. He tweeted:
"Liverpool's interest [in Luis Alberto] is a reality today but no firm offer [yet] in the offices of Sevilla FC".
It appears, however, that the two clubs have hammered out a deal, and according to The Mirror today:
"Liverpool reached an agreement with Sevilla to buy 20-year-old Alberto at the weekend, with the fee again thought to be around the £6m mark, and he will sign a four-year contract later this week".
Reports in Spain today corroborate these claims, with Spanish newspaper Estadio Deportivo reporting that Liverpool will pay £6.8m (€8m) up front, plus £1.7m (€2m) in performance-related add-ons.
Guillem Balague recently described 20-year old Alberto - who grabbed 11 goals and 17 assists for Barcelona B last season - as "a midfielder in the Xavi/Iniesta mould".
Sounds good to me. Welcome to Anfield!
Jaimie Kanwar
NOTE: Please stick to the Comment Policy (Click to read)