21 Aug 2015

Great News: Liverpool finally agree transfer deal for 'fearsome' £50m attacker. €6m-a-year salary subsidised

Last week, Italian attacker Antonio Cassano reportedly contacted Mario Balotelli and urged the Liverpool striker to 'come to Sampdoria!'. The Blucerchiati have already publicly confirmed interested in Balotelli, but it looks like Lazio are now in pole-position to seal the deal.

According to an alleged exclusive in Italian newspaper Tutto Mercato:

* Liverpool and Balotelli have 'reached an agreement' with Lazio: a loan deal with an option to buy next summer.

* Lazio will pay 30% of Balotelli's €6m-a-year LFC, with Liverpool paying the other 70%.

* The transfer is subject to Lazio's qualification for the Champions League.

* Sevilla are also interested in signing Balotelli, and that potential deal is currently 'evolving'.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is certainly in no mood to give 'fearsome' Balotelli a chance.

As confirmed last week by Jose Enrique, the Italian - who is worth '€60m-€70m' [£42-£50m] according to his deluded agent - is currently being forced to train alone, and when asked about the striker last Friday, Rodgers barked:

“He [Balotelli] clearly knows his situation, so I'm not going to speak about Mario when I can speak about another 25 players. There's nothing to add. All of the players understand where they're at".

Whatever the reason for Balotelli's failure at Anfield (and there are credible arguments on both sides of the issue), the 'situation' is that he's not part of Rodgers' plans for the upcoming season, so the best thing for him to do is leave, forthwith.


Liverpool will not miss Balotelli, and if he leaves, it won't make a blind bit of difference to the club's forward progress, so hopefully the deal with lazio (or Sevilla) can be concluded before the transfer window closes.

Now, it's all eyes on Bayer Leverkusen vs. Lazio next Wednesday. The Serie A side have a 1-0 lead from the first leg, and Liverpool fans across the globe will be hoping and praying for another Lazio win.

Author: Jaimie K



0 Comments:

Post a Comment